MQF/EQF LEVEL 4 AWARD IN
The Role of
the care worker
About this course
This award is designed to provide learners with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to function effectively as front-line caregivers, health and social carers, and respected members of the healthcare system.
Moreover, this course promotes the proper maintenance of the physical, emotional, cognitive, and social well-being of the person in care.
|Course Title||The Role of The Care Worker|
|Qualification Framework Level||MQF/EQF Level 4|
|Programme Duration||2 Months (Full-Time)|
|Placement Hours||8 Hours|
|Mode of Attendance||Full Time|
|Mode of Delivery||Face-to-Face Lectures|
|Total ECTS Credits||6 ECTS|
- Aged 16+ upon entry of course
- Communicate using oral and written English
- Minimum school leaving certificate
- Clean Police Conduct
- Copy of ID card or Passport
Learning Outcomes for Knowledge obtained at the end of the programme:
The learner will be able to:
- Support and assist clients with social and physical activities in safe, competent, and organised manner.
- Promote and maintain the physical, emotional, cognitive, and social wellbeing of clients.
- Avoid and respond to medical emergencies.
- Perform and demonstrate the care provider role in a reflective, responsible, accountable, and professional/ethical manner.
- To work effectively and efficiently in a team.
There is only one module in this course which will provide learners with the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to function effectively as health and social carers and respected members of the healthcare system.
- Contact hours: 30
- Supervised placement hours: 8
- Self-study hours: 84
- Assessment hours: 28
To Be Announced
To Be Announced
International students generally describe Malta as a safe place, enjoying excellent weather and an all-year varied cultural programme. Malta is considered as the ideal place for students to study.
Non-EU/ Non-EEA Applicnts need to apply for a Student Visa before they travel to Malta. We can help guide you on this process. Learn More.
- Staff mentors
- Care supervisor
- Care coordinator
- Nursing assistants
- Non-care administrative roles
- Support worker
- Nursing home assistant
- Senior care worker
- Team leader
- Independent living advisor
- Aged care worker
- Nurse practitioner
Age Group: 16+
Existing professionals or newbies who may want to further their career in elderly care/sector can amplify their skills and knowledge of this topic with our accredited short course in The Role of the Care Worker Award, and it could make all the difference in escalating your career path.
This Course will be assessed through the submission of:
- Case Analysis (30%)
- Group Presentation and Discussion (30%)
- Multiple Choice Exam (40%)
This course is accredited and licensed by the Malta Further and Higher Education Authority (MFHEA).
The Malta Further and Higher Education Authority (MFHEA) is responsible for fostering the development and achievement of excellence in Further and Higher education in Malta through effective licensing, accreditation, quality assurance, research, and recognition of programmes of study, established under the Malta Qualifications Framework (MQF)
Licence Number: 2019-010
Quality Assurance approved by MFHEA