SHORT COURSE IN
About this course
Adult patients’ theory and practice course includes, injury assessment and illness assessment. Covers secondary care which include minor and major cases. Practice scenarios such as bleeding control and bandaging is included. Theory and practice course
|Course Title||Adult Emergency First Aid|
|Programme Duration||4 Hours (2 Hours Theory & 2 Hours Practice)|
|Mode of Delivery||Online Lectures & Face-to-face Practice|
|Certification||Certificate of Course Completion (Valid for 3 Years)|
|Location||Triq il-Ghadam, Birkirkara, CBD 1060, Malta|
- Aged 16+ upon entry of course
- Communicate using oral and written English
€31.00 (including Training Kit Package)
- Training delivered by a qualified Nurse Instructor with experience in emergency setting
- Course covers the physical, psychological, emotional, and legal aspect of patients and the emergency first responder
- Latest training equipment includes QCPR manikins and latest models of AED trainer
- Identification CPR and First Aid trained wallet card
- Free of charge course for participants that fail first attempt course. Individual evaluation
- Delivering training at Apex Academy or one’s place of choice
- Strict infection control measures
- Surgical gloves during practice to each participant
- For BLS/AED – the dummies’ lungs changed with every session and all manikins will be disinfected post lecture
- The use of disposable disinfection wipes between each participant. Wipes used covers Tuberculocidal, virucidal, fungicidal and bactericidal.
The Training Kit Package includes:
- One 3-inch bandage
- One triangular bandage
- One packet of swabs
- A pair of gloves
Training kit for participant to keep.
Learning Outcomes for Knowledge obtained at the end of the programme:
The learner will be able to:
Perform Adult Primary & Secondary Care.
Course includes, injury assessment and illness assessment. Covers secondary care which include minor and major cases. Practice scenarios such as bleeding control and bandaging is included.
International students generally describe Malta as a safe place, enjoying excellent weather and an all-year varied cultural programme. Malta is considered as the ideal place for students to study.
Non-EU/ Non-EEA Applicnts need to apply for a Student Visa before they travel to Malta. We can help guide you on this process. Learn More.
Age Group: 16+
Existing health care professionals or applicants who may wish to learn Adult Emergency First Aid.
It is important that you are on time. Ideally you are in front of your computer a few minutes before the lecture starts.
If possible, try to be in a quiet room without background noise. If you have a camera, the teacher and the other students will see you when your camera is on.
To ask a question you need to raise your hand on the system. When you join the class, you are all muted to avoid background noise. The teacher will unmute you when it is time to answer your question.
Please follow the below instructions:
• Mute yourself except when you have the floor.
• Raise your hand virtually for permission to speak.
• Keep your video on for attendance purposes.
• Avoid distracting backgrounds or activities.
Licence Number: 2019-010